Good reasons to switch to Mac from PC ?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
richpjr Regular Member • Posts: 313
Re: Good reasons to switch to Mac from PC ?

It is a very personal preference.  I use both heavily every day and could easily live with either.  I kind of chuckle whenever I read how much better OS X is than Windows.  In the past, absolutely but that hasn't been true for years now.  My MBP is certainly not more stable than my Windows 10 system is.  In fact I think over the past year I have had more issues with my Mac than my PC.  You pay the Apple premium, but you get a high end computer.  I'm not sure a high end PC is much cheaper than a Mac equivalent.  You can buy a junky, low end PC and I suppose those would be more likely to have issues but I avoid that end of the spectrum.

I update my home Windows PC somewhat frequently so that pretty much eliminates a Mac at home for me as others have pointed out how what you buy is what you have for the life of your computer.

IMO, if you update your computer are a gamer or , the PC is the way to go.  If not, the software you want would probably steer you one way or another.

richpjr's gear list:richpjr's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Samyang AF 35mm F1.4 FE
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow