Considering buying my first DSLR*

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nick779 Regular Member • Posts: 292
Considering buying my first DSLR*

Im looking into FF, have gotten stuck and cant seem to find a good answer.

I own no FF glass. I have never shot on a DSLR before. Ive only ever owned Olympus mirrorless. I shoot a bit of everything, landscape, architecture, street, nature and wildlife.

I looking over the fence because I want more DR and better noise handling than my EM1.2, I'd also appreciate a bit more resolution too. ETTR is especially annoying when I lose my shadows to avoid blowing highlights.

I initially was thinking of a z6 kit but I think that is too much to invest in a first gen mirrorless body despite how much I think I want it. I also want the experience of a DSLR.

I started looking at the d750, but I think I might get more mileage from a d810. Im thinking of starting with an FX kit lens (24-85 3.5-4.5) the 24-120f4 or the 1.8G primes. I'd also like to add telephoto zooms to which I'm eyeing the FX AF-P 70-300, 200-500f5.6 or a tam/sig 150-600. I know the long fast primes are well regarded but they aren't really in my budget initially.

Am I on the right track and should this give me better results than my EM1.2?

nick779's gear list:nick779's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro
Nikon D750 Nikon D810 Nikon Z6 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow