Yong Nuo setup issue - is this even possible?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Darrin_vh New Member • Posts: 12
Yong Nuo setup issue - is this even possible?

I'm a real estate shooter who is changing my lighting technique from bracketing & blending using the LR Enfuse plugin, to shooting flambient (flash & ambient blended).

I'm using a Yong Nuo YN-E3-RT transmitter on the hotshoe and firing a handheld Yong Nuo YN600EX RT II. While going from flashing a room to flashing individual windows (a process called window pulling), I sometimes need a different flash output. But because I'm shooting on a tripod and blending exposures, it is important that I not touch the transmitter/camera to change said flash output.

So the question is, can I set the transmitter up to be dumb, just telling the flash to fire, but retain on the flash the ability to change the flash output? I've been looking through the manual for 2 hours and can't find a combination of settings on the transmitter and flash that allows that. The only settings on the flash that allow manual changing of the output, seem to put the flash in master mode, thus ignoring the transmitter.

Thanks,

Darrin

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow