Panasonic will not provide parts to repair 100-400

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
MikeDV New Member • Posts: 24
Re: Panasonic will not provide parts to repair 100-400

keithinmelbourne wrote:

I took the lens back to the store where I bought it. It’s an authorised Panasonic dealer. I can only assume that it has been processed properly. By the way, it’s the same store I took the Olympus back to for repair. I support bricks and mortar for this very reason. It costs more, but it is worth it. If I had bought the lens online I would not expect much in the way of support.

Did you make any attempt at all to contact Panasonic Australia directly?

Your retailer may have processed the repair correctly, but protocol will not likely change in a region until they get enough direct complaints from verified purchasers of their products.

Hence the need for forums and threads like this. It’s only by consumers complaining loud and hard that we let these corporations know that this disposable business model should not continue.

While they may monitor threads like this, they will never place as much weight to a forum thread than they would to direct complaints from customers who have purchased their products from their authorized retailers. The problem with forum threads like this is that it is difficult to weed out the current valid issues from all of the noise in the thread. While you may have a valid issue with the policies of Panasonic in Australia, it appears that these policies have at least begun to change in places like the US and UK.

So my suggestion would be to contact Panasonic Australia directly and let them know of your issue. You've got nothing to lose. Best case, they authorize the repair of your lens. Worst case, you've at least expressed your concern directly with them, and maybe if they get enough direct feedback they will change the policy in the future, if they are not already planning to do so.

MikeDV's gear list:MikeDV's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow