Fuji X-T20 Flash not charging

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Guusyboy New Member • Posts: 2
Fuji X-T20 Flash not charging

Hey Fuji enthusiasts

I've been a user of an X-T20 for the last year. I mostly use it to shoot photographs in natural light. Two days ago, I wanted to see what the internal flash of the system is capable of, so I popped up the flash. This was the first time since owning the camera (I think), and I thought it should work automatically once you pop it open.

Now, I experienced the opposite, and I can't get the flash to work. 
I've read a lot of posts on this forum, describing that the camera needs to be on mechinal shutter, and single point focus.

I'm also fond of Omar Gonzalez, and used his video to make sure my settings were correct. Although I (think) I set it up correctly, the flash is still not working. The orange light on the back, indicating that the flash is charging, doesn't switch off. It even locks me out of everything on the camera (quick set-up, menu,...).

I'm now a bit desperate to know if I'm doing something wrong, or if this is a known issue that could easily be resolved. I updated the firmware to v2.01 (from v2.00) to make sure that's not the issue, but to no avail.

Thank you very much for your help!
Kind regards,

Guus

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow