It appears that my long awaited M5ii is the Eos R

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dave Seeley Senior Member • Posts: 1,625
It appears that my long awaited M5ii is the Eos R

I didn't plan it this way...  and was eyeballing the R system as the eventual replacement for my studio setup = 5Dsr...  because I love the ML aspects that my M system brings, and wanted that in a studio setting.  I got tired of waiting for the rumored high mp R model and picked up the R w kit lens a few months ago...  and I'm actually delighted with it.

Unexpectedly, with the rf24-105L, the rf35, ef501.8, and the ef-s 10-18 (just to mitigate 4K crop), it's as portable as my M5 system with almost all the M lenses, and two adapted ef lenses.  As a result, it's become my new preferred travel kit.

If you think about the R as the upgraded M5...it has 4K w dpaf, full frame and fast available optics for low light w no crop, a bump in resolution, longer battery life, and actually a better fit for my hands.

I may be kicking myself if the rumors about the M5ii come to fruition and we get IBIS and unhobbled 4K...  but in the meantime... 

-- hide signature --

pro photo-illustration - check my website via my profile

Dave Seeley's gear list:Dave Seeley's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS M5 Canon EOS R +17 more
Canon EOS 5DS R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow