Ricoh GR III lens correction and Lightroom 6.14

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
markalroberts Junior Member • Posts: 25
Ricoh GR III lens correction and Lightroom 6.14

Hi - I am still clinging on to my own copy of Lightroom 6.14 (I think this is the last one that didn't need a subscription!)

I've just got the lovely GR III but am not sure about the best way to process!

Out of the box there doesn't seem to be support for lens correction in Lightroom - so I have downloaded the latest Adobe Raw and copied the lens profile (RICOH (RICOH GR III) - RAW.lcp) from %programdata%\adobe\cameraraw\lensprofiles\1.0\ricoh into my AppData/Roaming/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/Downloaded folder

Now when I click the "Enable Profile Corrections" it applies the profile.

I have some questions which someone on a similar setup may be able to help with:

1) Would I see significant benefit from moving to a newer subscription version of LR (or even another tool!?)

2) Whilst the post-corrected image looks much more similar to the OOC jpeg (standard processing), it has also adjusted for optical distortions in a way the the jpeg has not - does this mean that Lightroom's lens correction is "right" and the OOC jpegs are not adjusted for optical distortion?

3) To save time, I've applied lens correction to all of my photos which marks them all as "processed" which breaks my workflow a bit as I tend to work my way through "unprocessed" images - when I use LR with my FujiFilm X-T2, the RAF files have embedded correction parameters which seem to get applied automatically and then don't get marked as "processed".... perhaps I just need to apply lens correct as part of each photo's processing?

Thank you!

Mark

Fujifilm X-T2 Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow