Travel, DSLR, Mirrorless, Weight and Cost = Conundrum.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
toomanycanons Forum Pro • Posts: 12,782
OK, so your original kit is just fine after all

raymondg wrote:

My final selection is the D800E, 24-120 F4 VR, 14-24 F2.8 and 70-200 F4 VR, spare battery and bits and bobs in a Lowepro Pro Runner 350AW . All up, just under the carry-on limit of 7kg. For general walking around; an original Lowepro passport sling, BlackRapid strap (yes I know, but I have used this since 2012 with no problems HOWEVER I also use a small security strap as well just-in-case), 14-24 F2.8 with the D800E and 24-120 F4 on the strap.

I have used this combination on many trips to may countries over the past 7 years and apart from adding a TC17E II (not this time) for extra reach in Alaska, this has been my 'goto' setup.

I have read every response on this thread and considered every comment. My current level of thinking is that if I did decide to make a change and spend some money it would not be a (any) FF ML. I would probably go micro four thirds for travel and medium format for portraits and landscapes. If i was going to change I want to see some realistic advantage.

Until that time I am very happy with my current arrangement.

Thanks to all who responded.

Glad we all could go on and on with suggestions when, in reality, you had no intention of changing anything.   You should have stressed that fact with your first post.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow