Tamron 17-35 2.8-4 Di OSD with FTZ Adaptor on Z6 - Aperture Noise

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
akorpija New Member • Posts: 11
Tamron 17-35 2.8-4 Di OSD with FTZ Adaptor on Z6 - Aperture Noise

Hi all!

I recently purchased the Tamron 17-35 2.8-4, brand new. I was just playing with it on my Z6, with the FTZ adaptor (of course).

I noticed that between 2.8 and 5.6 (the aperture range that the Z6 shows live depth view), when changing apertures, it is audibly very loud for each change. I didn't notice this when trialling it in the store.

It doesn't make the noise after 5.6 (although that is the limit for which the Z6 shows live aperture view) - and I don't hear the noise when clicking the shutter (presumably it would make the noise to change aperture when shooting, right?).

Just curious if this is normal behaviour of the lens. I'm not concerned about the noise it makes really (a bit odd/noisy but I can live with it, for now). What I am curious about is whether it should be making this noise.

Thanks!

akorpija's gear list:akorpija's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR +1 more
Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow