Voigtlander Kit Which 3 For Type 240?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Nakaya Regular Member • Posts: 153
Re: Voigtlander Kit Which 3 For Type 240?

bs1946 wrote:

It's good that you went for version III because just about all of the earlier Voigtlander ultra-wide angle lenses will cause color fringing and other problems along the edges of your images when used with full-frame digital Leica M and Sony A-series cameras.

Did you get an external 15mm viewfinder with yours or are you going to wing it. I have a Zeiss 2.8/25 ZM, which has a FOV wider than my M9's viewfinder, but I just wing it. Somehow, using the M9 rangefinder to focus and then an external viewfinder for composition is something I really don't want to fiddle with.

One thought to consider is that your 240 has 35mm frame lines but not 40mm. Some of the old Voigtlander Bessa cameras have 40mm frame lines and the Leica/Minolta CL film cameras also used a 40mm lens. But Voigtlander still keeps pumping out new 40mm lenses, so somebody is using them.

I didn't buy the 15mm viewfinder. I do have the olympus EFV though. It is not the easiest lens to focus. LV works for framing in the EVF or on the screen but getting sharp focus is a little bit tricky.

I am going to stick with the Ultron 35mm F2 for now and then see if I really need the extra light from a faster lens.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow