Tired of waiting for a new model...have had the fz200 for 5 years...do I upgrade now to ???

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
Aberaeron Veteran Member • Posts: 7,338
Re: ---FZ1000...

Vito_F wrote:

Thanks to all you responded and for helping me make this decision.

The FZ1000 was delivered Monday and I have been learning more each day. Very impressive. Good build and ergonomics, not at all heavy (go lift the RX10) and somewhat similar to my FZ200 in terms of operation.

Great price comparatively with many extras which included a 64GB Transcend SD card, spare battery and UV lens filter. Plus, paired with the Panasonic Image app I am now able to geotag my photos, something I have struggled with over the past couple of years (gps4cam never quite worked reliably for me and is no longer being supported).

All in all, so far very good, and again, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Vito

Yes indeed, it is the obvious upgrade and a worthwhile one. Personally I would have gone to the very latest and greatest model, either the MkII or FZ2000, but you have probably hit the value/performance sweet spot with the 1000.

Aberaeron's gear list:Aberaeron's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Sony SLT-A57 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow