a6000+kit lens replacement: new lens or A7+kit

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tempy New Member • Posts: 11
a6000+kit lens replacement: new lens or A7+kit

Hi all,

I never bought extra lenses because i like to travel light but still have a camera with great IQ and big sensor. (This is also why i didn't consider going for a a Sony RX).

The problem is that, nowadays, i'm mostly happier with photos from my phone (note8) than from the sony camera with kit lens. This is, i think, mostly due to dynamic range difference (the Sony is so much worse, in part because i prefer to shoot in raw+jpeg) and iso sensitivity, since i shoot mostly handheld.

I'd like to improve my camera setup but still keep portability as much as possible, so i thought about these 2 options, either:

1-buy a better all-around lens

2-get an A7 with kit lens 28-70 and just use it with the kit lens.

I think option 2 is probably more expensive but produce much better results than option 1.

I do mostly travel photos, cities, street photos, landscapes, food, some details and only very rarely portrait.

Note: I currently have a a5100 but i chose to mention the a6000 instead, because it's more common and both share the same sensor and IQ, so whatever you suggest for the a6000 will apply to the a5100 too.

thank you in advance.

regards.

tempy's gear list:tempy's gear list
Sony a5100 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Samsung Galaxy Note +1 more
Sony a5100 Sony a6000 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow