Panasonic will not provide parts to repair 100-400

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
keithinmelbourne
keithinmelbourne Contributing Member • Posts: 945
Panasonic will not provide parts to repair 100-400

I recently fell over with my 100-400 attached to an EM1II. The rear mount on the lens cracked as a result. I put it in to my local bricks and mortar store for repair. Even though the lens is under a year old I fully expected to pay for the repair. Long story short: the repairman called me to say that Panasonic does not supply the part, and that I will need to pay for a new lens to get the part. Is this for real?

I paid for exactly the same repair on an Olympus lens last year, and there was absolutely no problem. The repairman said that all the major manufacturers supply this part without any trouble.

I would have thought that practices such as this are against our Australian consumer laws. The repairman said that he will push the issue with Panasonic, but didn’t sound very hopeful. I must say I will not be buying products that are not supported by their manufacturers and I will not be able to recommend such products to others.

-- hide signature --

Every day is a good day! Wumen
“The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” Joseph Campbell
http://www.keithbroadphotography.com/

keithinmelbourne's gear list:keithinmelbourne's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Olympus TG-5 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus OM-D E-M1X +14 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow