Details, DP2M and Pixel-Peeping ...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
MyReality
MyReality Contributing Member • Posts: 798
Re: I recant

I was not trolling and my intention was not to doom the sight. What brought it close to doom was a sideline discussion of "confirmation bias".

Definitions:

Obsession - "a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling".

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder - "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a common, chronic and long-lasting disorder in which a person has uncontrollable, reoccurring thoughts (obsessions) and behaviors (compulsions) that he or she feels the urge to repeat over and over."

An obsession of photographic detail or noise or technology, etc. is different then just caring about.   You care about them, deal with them and then you go on to the next thing.  You do not become angry and create a tirade.

"the devil is in the details" - is an English metaphor that means that a problem is in the micro("zoomed in) level and not the macro("zoomed" out) level.

MyReality's gear list:MyReality's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 Macro +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow