Photoshoot in laboratory

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
dwkyre Regular Member • Posts: 187
Re: Photoshoot in laboratory

I would probably use the 25 and 45 most, but bring everything. If the space ends up feeling tight, the 12-32 might be your most important lens.

I agree with the others about flash. If you can get one to work with, it might be a big help. The lighting in labs is good, but can leave some weird shadows. Failing the flash, a lot of lab spaces or even lab tools have their own task lighting, which you might be able to use to augment the overhead lighting (maybe even to dramatic effect, if you want it). Ask the lab workers, they might have good suggestions for light sources in the space.

I work in a lab and when I take photos for work, I often need to think about lighting carefully. But those are also photos of things related to my work, so usually close-up detail shots. If you are doing photos of the space, you might want to go for that wide end you have on the 12-32 and if you are are going for people, I would say the 25 with some careful observance of lighting.

dwkyre's gear list:dwkyre's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow