SD Quattro vs SDQH: Key differences

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
krloz Regular Member • Posts: 464
SD Quattro vs SDQH: Key differences

Hey Guys,

After reading tons of threads here and elsewhere, downloading RAW samples, and playing with them on SPP, I decided to buy a SD Quattro instead of the SD1 Merrill.

My main doubt is whether I should get the SDQ or the SDQ H. The largest my printer can print is 19x13 inches, so I would rarely print larger than this.

Here are my main doubts:

- Are there any differences in AF Speed or overall camera operations (startup time etc)? the possibility of getting a speedy camera in comparison to the Merrills is one of the main drivers behind my decision (coupled with better/faster/reliable AF).

- Differences in Color rendering and tonality? 3D rendering?

- Is there any feature that is present in the SDQH that is not present in SDQ (ie SFD mode or any other). I don't care about video features.

- Use of my 18-50mm Art (or any APS-C lens) on the H would not cover the full sensor size and then, would negate the sensor size advantage.

Thanks in advance. Having your input is greatly appreciated.

krloz's gear list:krloz's gear list
Leica Digilux 2 Sigma DP2 Merrill Leica X Vario DxO One Leica M8.2 +3 more
Sigma sd Quattro Sigma SD1 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow