Sony A6000

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
Thad E Ginathom
Thad E Ginathom Regular Member • Posts: 154
Re: Sony A6000

MrCPH wrote:

SarahJane734 wrote:

Thanks for your reply! No, I don't think I will. I really like the idea of image stabilization, more focus points, updated sensor and faster focus on the 6500. Do you find any of those things noticeably better on the 6500?

Most of the Sony lenses are stabilized ... ... ...

I just bought one that isn't ( the 85mm/1.8) and I am very glad of my a6500 IBIS.

I also came to the a6500 from the a6000, and am a bit horrified that I only used the 6k for 2 years. Buying once is always cheaper than buying twice: buy the thing you really want, instead of buying it later. Assuming it's possible.

By the way, eye-auto-focus is better on the 6500 than the 6000, and available in AF-C mode, but I was never blown away by it... until I got this lens. I'm sure the 6400 has more magic in this department (no button needed) but, in AF-C, hold the button down, and it's pretty much tracking that eye. And using the button on the lens makes it very easy to hold down.

SarahJane734, If you can afford to get that a6500, and don't mind the work of selling your new a6000, you should probably do it. I think that the a6500 will give you several more years immunity to irresistible upgraditis than the a6000.

On the other hand, if there is any doubt, then hold on to that delightfully-light, great little a6000 for a year or three, and see what Sony has brought out by then

-- hide signature --

Just a taker of snapshots

Thad E Ginathom's gear list:Thad E Ginathom's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow