Voigtlander Kit Which 3 For Type 240?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Nakaya Regular Member • Posts: 153
Re: Voigtlander Kit Which 3 For Type 240?

jeffharris wrote:

Rexgig0 wrote:

Nakaya wrote:

Are there any small 75mms?

I have not yet considered the sizes of the older VM 75mm lenses, and they are rare birds, so I have never seen any of them. The new VM 75mm f/1.5 certainly does not appear to be very small, in the reviews.

I've been using a Voigtländer 75mm f2.5 Color Heliar for quite a while. I've adapted it for M4/3 cameras, Panasonic GX8 currently. It's part of a walkabout kit along with two native M4/3 Noktons (17.5mm f0.95 [35mm] and 42.5mm f0.95 [85mm]). It's such a great lens, but has always been a bit slow for low light. It also needs to be stopped down to about f4 (my preference) to tighten up the image.

So, I just bit the bullet and got the new Nokton 75mm f1.5. So, far it's very good! Nicer image quality than the f2.5. Sharp wide-open and great color and rendering. Nice bokeh. Excellent handling.

But, with two minor negatives. The distance scale is useless. Focus throw isn't quite as long as I would like (or am used to), but still perfectly fine.

The f1.5 IS bigger, but not horribly so. The f2.5 is such a nice little lens to use. To sell, or not to sell…

Anyway, here are the two side by side for comparison.

Are you happy with the wide open results of the 1.5? the 2.5 looks like a very nice size.

The difference between the 15mm 4.5 I II and III is pretty stunning. the 75 looks more reasonable.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow