Strategies for taking photos while traveling with an impatient person

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
trut_maluglist
OP trut_maluglist Regular Member • Posts: 360
Re: Strategies for taking photos while traveling with an impatient person

sybersitizen wrote:

2) If we're going somewhere together they walk ahead when I stop to take a photo, rather than hurrying up and catching up with them, I just stay where I am and wait for them to return.

It might be hours before your companion returns, if at all. Unless you're prepared to stay where you are for a very long time, that strategy should be abandoned.

It depends on the person and how I think they learn from experience.  Especially if I've expressed my displeasure with them walking ahead while I stop with them when they stop.  On the few occasions I've done this, they eventually return or they call/text me to ask what's going on.

3) If they hurry me, I put the camera down and politely say, "the more you hurry me the longer it's going to take"

Sounds like that would easily trigger or exacerbate resentful feelings. Meanwhile, you're not taking pictures and your companion is not doing what he/she wants to do either. It's lose/lose, so that strategy should be abandoned.

Have you ever encountered a person who while you were telling a story, rudely interrupted and said "cut to the chase"?  What people like that don't realize is it will take longer for you to share the story if they interrupt than if they don't.  I've found using "the more you hurry me the longer it's going to take" calms down an impatient person in a heartbeat.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
tko
tex
AOC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow