EM1X goes birding in Atlantic rainforests of Brazil (Image heavy)

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JDCamera
JDCamera Regular Member • Posts: 137
EM1X goes birding in Atlantic rainforests of Brazil (Image heavy)

I'm from the long time lurker, seldom poster category in this group. Although I shoot quite regularly, somehow I don't manage to share my work. But I really appreciate the contributions from other forum members. To express my gratitude and contribute something from my side, here are few of my images and observations from my recent trip to Brazil.

My kit on this trip was:

Olympus OMD EM1X and EM1MKII

Olympus Zuiko SHG 300mm f2.8 + EC20 and EC14

Panasonic PL100-400

Olympus FL-900R

I also own the Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 but on such trips, I prefer to use the older lenses for its better bokeh rendering and wide aperture. These rainforests are pretty dark most of the time and I'm no Petr Bambousek, so I need all the light that I can get  .

I tried most of the new features on EM1X. One amusing find was that EM1X CAF tracking in aeroplane mode detects perched birds as a target. I feel in general the tracking isn't all that effective but I loved everything else about the EM1X.

Most of the images below are very close to SOC converted from RAW to JPEG using Olympus Workspace. I may have done some cropping and adjusted the exposure on a few.

Thanks for reading.

Jaideep Padhye

www.jpfotog.com

Saffron Toucanet

Green-headed tanager

Red-breasted Toucan

Blue dachnyis

Brazilian Tanager

Red-necked Tanager

Brassy-breasted Tanager

Green-throated Euphonia

Magpie tanager

JDCamera's gear list:JDCamera's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-3 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus Zuiko Digital 300mm 1:2.8 +10 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow