Help with lens priorities

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cages2Clouds New Member • Posts: 1
Help with lens priorities

Hello, recently I've bought some new lenses for my fuji, altogether I have a 10-24mm F4, 18-55, 56 f1.2, 55-200 F3.5-4.8, and a MCEX 16 extension tube. I was wondering with these lenses do I need a 35mm or a 23mm? I really enjoy shooting with a prime but does my having a 10-24mm make it pointless to have the 23? My 56mm is my dedicated portrait lens so does that make the 35mm pointless?

A lil bit about why I chose the the lenses I currently have/how I like to shoot. I like to shoot architecture, street photography, landscape, animals, and portraits. After way more practice and classes I may try get into wedding photography which is where I'm betting having a 23 1.4 or 35 1.4 really matters. I bought the 10-24 for urban photography, primarily architecture and more dramatic photos. The 18-55 came with my camera and has been my typical walk around lens, I bought the 56 for portraits and started loving prime. The 55-200 I bought for landscape/Cards games/animals and the extension tube I bought to add to the 56 for Macro.

So If I were to pick up a prime lens to replace my 18-55 as my primary walk around lens which would be better considering my other lenses, the 23, the 35, something else entirely, or nothing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow