Ricoh GR III Repair Nightmare

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP larryhokie Regular Member • Posts: 470
Re: Ricoh GR III Repair Nightmare

Update for anyone that cares...

Precision camera still has my broken camera.  Cost estimates went from $170  to almost $500 that included a price break from Ricoh for the  LCD and the internal lens mechanism. Otherwise the cost for labor and parts would have been well over $800.  Wow.   Not bad for a camera that looks fine externally but internally took major damage.

I escalated the case to Ricoh support (Atlanta,GA).  They've been nice.  The case went to Ricoh management and parts were said to be ordered in early July.  Two weeks later, no parts.  Precision Camera indicted that they had several Ricoh GR III waiting for parts.  Precision support said that Ricoh liaison was slow to respond if at all regarding status.

Late July I received a call that parts arrived but I needed to give my approval to proceed which I did.   I was informed that repairs would start the next day and that I should be repaired within the next week.  Two days later I found out that there were no parts, none had arrived. Ricoh indicated that the parts had been shipped and were surprised that Precision had not received them.

Fast forward to today.  No parts. No repair.  I'm owed phone replies from both companies.  What a disaster.  No one knows when Ricoh parts will become available. No way to track.  No accountable person(s) from what I can see to day.  Seems like there is a real disconnect between the Ricoh organizations worldwide.

Larry

-- hide signature --

Larry

larryhokie's gear list:larryhokie's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100F Ricoh GR III Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 6D +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow