Upgrade body (t2i to 80d) or glass(70-200)?

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
deediv New Member • Posts: 9
Upgrade body (t2i to 80d) or glass(70-200)?

Hi All,

Have a trip to Morocco planned with my wife and 2 year old in a couple of months.

Here's what I currently shoot with,

T2I + Canon 24-105L + Canon 10-22 + Sigma 35/1.4

Also have kit lenses 18-55 and 55 - 250 (not planning to carry either).

I've convinced my wife to let me upgrade something for this trip. I will mainly just be taking family/kid/vacation pics and some landscaping.

Here's where I need your help, folks.

Should I,

1. Upgrade my body to a 80d (with 90d coming out I might get a good deal on this) or

2. Get a tamron 70 - 200 g2 or

3. Other suggestions welcome.

My main motivation to get 80d is, my sigma35 has front-focussing issues (duh!) and the micro-adjust in the 80d might help. Also much improved focussing and dynamic range over the t2i.

I've been dying to get the 70-200 for a very long time. I've heard such good things and I think it might be a great upgrade to get action pictures of the baby.

If at all it matters, I would consider myself a little more than an amateur. I hobby shoot for a lot of my family and friends on various occasions.

deediv's gear list:deediv's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS II USM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 80D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow