X30 at mountains and coast

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Sactojim Veteran Member • Posts: 7,408
Re: X30 at mountains and coast

CMCM wrote:

Papa48 wrote:

CMCM wrote:

Nice photos! That Pixpro has quite amazing color, it seems richer and more vibrant than what I get from my Coolpix P900. Why isn't the Pixpro line more well known?

JK Imaging Ltd. manufacturers the line under permission of Kodak. They remind me of Kodak consumer cameras I used from 1999-2007. Back then a number of their lenses were labeled Schneider Kreutznach by permission. They were actually quite sharp in my experience. But garish jpeg-only colors, high noise reduction watercolor effects and narrow dynamic range were a turn-off for many more serious users. The pricing makes them tempting though, doesn’t it? Finally, some on the Fujifilm Finepix Forum have guessed that Fuji makes them. I can’t find any confirmation of that. If they did, I might try one only because I’m a bit of a Fuji fan.

Interesting history.....I had a couple of Kodak cameras quite awhile back too....don't remember much about them, though.

Schneider did in fact manufacture many Kodak lenses and they were top quality. SK also makes lenses for industrial, medical, video, etc. Here's one of their lenses for video use on a DSLR or mirrorless: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1023839-REG/schneider_09_1078394_xenon_ff_35mm.html?ap=y&smp=y&lsft=BI%3A514&gclid=Cj0KCQjwv8nqBRDGARIsAHfR9wAtZs6hNCELzgtN_cFU8EbG2257F8Y97Lp0IeeFKSlEhSaLFArRSz4aAqcIEALw_wcB

At one point, Kodak partnered with Nikon on a number of cameras for professional use. http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Schneider

JKI has been licensed by Kodak for the past 9 years to produce their line of cameras under the Kodak Pixpro name which includes their p&s cameras, M4/3, and some 4K video cameras in various configurations. www.kodakpixpro.com. I've been very happy with their performance.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow