8GB RAM not enough for Lightroom !?

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cesar Anbessa New Member • Posts: 11
8GB RAM not enough for Lightroom !?

Hello, who lever is reading this question I hope you're having a great day

I know this question has been asked alot before but I wanted to update my old laptop so I decided to go with the surface laptop 2 with 8gb ram because I like the screen on this laptop.

From everywhere I read that 8gb should be enough for Lightroom it's even recommended on their website, so install PS and Lightroom but they're very slow specifically speak on the develop module and when dragging and playing with sliders the effect takes time before you can see it , I trying everything and everything option in setting for both and nothing works.

I thought 8gb is sufficient for a very smooth experience but that's not the case, doesn't anybody have any info about this !?

Is Lightroom RAM dependant or is it CPU dependant!? Because the CPU speed on the surface it's 1.6ghz I believe, btw I've already sold that laptop because if this.

I hope somebody has an info about this especially if they have MacBook pro with 8gb , I know the MacBook pro has a higher CPU clock speed but same 8gb ,is the experience the same or is it more smooth and there's no lag in develop module!?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
EXX
1cb
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow