X30 at mountains and coast

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
OP CMCM Senior Member • Posts: 4,577
Re: X30 at mountains and coast

Papa48 wrote:

CMCM wrote:

Nice photos! That Pixpro has quite amazing color, it seems richer and more vibrant than what I get from my Coolpix P900. Why isn't the Pixpro line more well known?

JK Imaging Ltd. manufacturers the line under permission of Kodak. They remind me of Kodak consumer cameras I used from 1999-2007. Back then a number of their lenses were labeled Schneider Kreutznach by permission. They were actually quite sharp in my experience. But garish jpeg-only colors, high noise reduction watercolor effects and narrow dynamic range were a turn-off for many more serious users. The pricing makes them tempting though, doesn’t it? Finally, some on the Fujifilm Finepix Forum have guessed that Fuji makes them. I can’t find any confirmation of that. If they did, I might try one only because I’m a bit of a Fuji fan.

Interesting history.....I had a couple of Kodak cameras quite awhile back too....don't remember much about them, though.

CMCM's gear list:CMCM's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon G7 X II Nikon D700 Nikon D5600 +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow