Missing longtime forum members

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Lin Evans
Lin Evans Forum Pro • Posts: 17,639
Re: Missing longtime forum members

In some ways, I miss the banter that we had years ago, but some who posted here were simply a thorn in the side of any who disagreed with their apparent agenda which was to show the problems with Foveon.

I remember a few such characters who were hung up on the color blotch issues even though they were incredibly easy to remove. It's tough when one posts a perfectly good image and some yahoo decided to pick it apart because they find a color they don't like or believe doesn't belong because they don't see that same "issue" with their Canikon or other equipment. It eventually leads people to stop posting images. Most who were constantly harping on such have moved on to other forums, but one can bet as soon as the next Sigma is released, they will be back ready to argue. Sigh...

Some of the old-timers have passed away, some have a family and life which is more important than arguing about cameras, lenses, etc. Some have health issues and such so the matrix changes with time.

I like to see images posted for the purpose of seeing wildlife, landscapes, etc., without having to dissect the image at 300%. I've long since gotten over comparing my Sigma images with my other myriad equipment. I simply choose the best tool for the job at hand and for pure image quality I still prefer my Sigmas. I just got my SD-10 out last night, charged six new rechargeable batteries for the grip, set the clock/calendar and am going out tomorrow and shoot some images with my old 80-400 OS and the SD10 for fun. Maybe I'll post a few here if they are worth the effort.

I'm enthused with the performance of Topaz AI Gigapixel with my Foveon files - it simply loves Foveon and does such a nice job that virtually ANY Foveon capture can be made large enough to print a huge 50 to 60-inch print. It also works well with my 12 megapixel Nikon D700 so, between those (all my SD models) and my DP2 Merrill, it may be fun to play with photography once again...

Lin

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JLK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow