I bought a $9.99 WB Filter, did I get ripped off?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wildalaskaken
Wildalaskaken Contributing Member • Posts: 568
I bought a $9.99 WB Filter, did I get ripped off?

Everything is worth a try if its cheap enough.

Easy to use on a G9, Manual focus your subject, press WB and then the up button or use Qik Menu, a box appears, lay this light piece of plastic up against the lens, take pic, then capture your subject.

Totally unscientific. I tried to take them all the same, though. I used the haven of incandescence, viz: the bathroom. All are auto processed Standard Colour with camera WB. No moving any sliders. Here we are:

Photo the First: Lightbulb White balance.

Photo the Second: Auto White Balance

Phto the Third: Custome white balance.

AWB to my eye is pleasing and is closest to life although I might be better off turning it down. And the custom one would look good if it was turned up a bit since it is a bit too absolutely white. So in the case of this lighting, I guess I took it up the old wazoo since AWB would do the trick.

I guess i should look at WB bracketing lol.

-- hide signature --

Just an old fat stoner with a Camera.
https://www.instagram.com/wildalaskaken_official

Wildalaskaken's gear list:Wildalaskaken's gear list
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Panasonic 45-200mm F4-5.6 II Panasonic Leica DG 50-200mm F2.8-4 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow