Moving to Sony ? I have some questions to those who made the move.

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TheDoc46 Junior Member • Posts: 38
Moving to Sony ? I have some questions to those who made the move.

So someone who's always been mainly a Canon shooter . Familiar with every menu and function on my Canon, and able to delve in deep without worry of getting lost. i'm deciding to make the move over to Mirrorless, and at the moment if you want something to tick 'most' of the boxes, then its gotta be the A7R and with the current price for the A7Riii, i feel its time to pull the trigger.

But man o man, those menu's. Admittedly i've not used or even held in my hand a Sony Mirrorless A7Riii, so maybe i'm over thinking this, but i have watched a couple of tutorials to try and get a feel for the camera before actually getting one. If anything watching the tutorials has put me off the idea. I feel my head was spinning at all the options and menu settings, most of which seem totally convoluted.

I'm typically fast to learn all the settings, and perhaps i'm finally getting old, but i just feel concerned, that there's too many options to really ever get my head around what does what and will be taking my canon out on shoots instead cos i know what i'm doing with it.

Who else had this dilemma? Or once you actually get one, it all falls in place and you quickly figure out what you need to, and just get on with it ?

Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow