6D mark 2 question about DPAF

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Michel Matra New Member • Posts: 6
6D mark 2 question about DPAF

I am new to this forum, I was a hobbyist (but take it seriously) doing mostly wildlife and landscape photography since I am lucky to travel a lot for work.

That said I have not had an SLR for over 15 years (had to put the hobby on hold) and I am now returning to it (last one was film!!).

I already have the 100-400 L IS which I loved and took some very nice pictures of birds and various animals, especially while spending time in Florida. I also have the 24-70 2.8 and the 70-200 2.8 L. So I am invested in the Canon brand.

I am looking at full frame cameras and the 6D seems to be a good choice because of price. I am not ready to spend money on a 5D4 and I am not considering used because well I have the worst luck possible.

I am also going to photograph a lot of musical theater/opera events for a small company, as a volunteer. I have already done 5 shows using a friend's Sony A77ii and 2.8 lenses and they loved the results I produced (I am not switching to Sony and buying brand new lenses though).

My concern about the the 6D2 are its AF points all clustered towards the center of the frame. Single Shot AF is not a good mode for theater because actors/singers keep moving, so no way to lock focus and recompose.

Can I use live view and click on a point anywhere on the screen to focus, or is this only for video recordings?

I do intend to stop by a shop and have it in my hand, it's just that so far my travel schedule has been crazy and I have not had time.

Thank you for your help!

Michel

Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow