I saw some stunning 8K TV recently.

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
1HappySnapper Regular Member • Posts: 246
I saw some stunning 8K TV recently.

Whilst browsing shops in Split, Croatia, recently, I came face to face with a large Samsung 8K tv. I must admit, the display video was eye-wateringly stunning. Yes, there were plenty of amazing 4Ks blazing away, and it is also true that without looking at the labels, I couldn't see any difference because there were no side by side(8K/4K) screens with the same content. Also, the content was totally different between the resolutions, as well. 8K seemed to show macro of insects, ants the size of peach stones whereas, 4K showed clothes-horse models and wild life beyond biting distance.

I should also say that I own a 37 inch 1080P tv which I have always thought showed a jolly good picture, but the last time I watched tv on it was several years ago. I seldom watch live tv these days and only occasionally watch 4K drone videos on it. Yes, I know I won't see the full resolution, I am not stupid.

Would I want an 8K tv? Of course I would, My stills should look better, large and at a more real world perspective. I also like super sharp images and HDR. OK, so you don't, perhaps, and I respect your opinion. I also like the clarity of 60FPS and none of this silly stuff about ND filters, 24FPS and 180 rule. If I wanted dull, smeary movies, I will download from YouTube at 360P... I have moved on from hand cranked B&W 'cinematic'.

No, I won't be buying a new tv of any resolution, but I would love to hear your opinions on 8K (with no available content), even though 4K content is more often 1080P warmed over.

1HappySnapper's gear list:1HappySnapper's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Sony a7 II Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 18-300 F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS | C +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AOC
AOC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow