LX 100 or LX10?

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
One_Oldman_4U Senior Member • Posts: 1,315
LX 100 or LX10?

I'm looking for a small cargo pants pocketable camera for daily carry. I have a Pany TS5 but I wanted something with bigger sensor and wider aperture in the long end for night and lowlight shooting. I know that the LX100 v1 is about 5 years old and the LX10 is about 4. The LX100 II is out of the question because of price plus there's really big improvement over v1.

The bigger sensor on the LX100 to me will compensate for the slower lens also having a 12MP meaning bigger pixels than 20MP on the LX10 which again better for low light/night shooting.

Video? I think both don't have the 30 mins limit and have decent 4K.

Budget  <$600.00

It sounds like I'm leaning towards the LX100 which I am but I just want to get some opinion from members that have and used one or the other or both. Or other body suggestion.

Thanks.

One_Oldman_4U's gear list:One_Oldman_4U's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 (Lumix DMC-FT5) Panasonic LX10 Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow