Any one using RX100 as a second camera

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
zeitlos Junior Member • Posts: 25
Re: RX100 VI/VII

sean lancaster wrote:

tonyz1 wrote:

The sensor size does matter but if the op has a full frame sensor camera already, does adding an APS-C compact with a 28mm lens bring anything to the table that he can't do already?

I don't really get it. Then the same can be said about the Sony RX. Anything that you can to with it that you can't do with a full frame sensor???

Well, it brings to the table a big selling point of the RX100x cameras . . . a small size you can take everywhere. That's sort of the point.

That brings to the table the big selling point of the GR as well. A small size you can take everywhere without compromising on image quality.

However, I fully understand if someone says that focal length is more important to him than image quality. A fixed lens of 28mm is not ideal for everyone. Obviously. You can set it to a slight crop mode of 35mm if this focal length appeals more to you.

Personally, I would have prefered 35mm as standard, but also Fuji goes with 28mm for their GR competitor.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow