G5X II: EVF magnification comparison

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ErikJan
ErikJan Junior Member • Posts: 28
Re: G5X II: EVF magnification comparison

Hi,

I found this somewhere, for what it is worth:

"Pop-up EVF; 0.39-inch type 2.36m-dot OLED, ~100% coverage, ~20mm eyepoint, -3.0 to +1m -1 diopter".

It shows the same as for the Mark I however, so it can be either copy/paste or they are actually the same.

I have the G5 X II since yesterday and till now only have had the choice between DSLR view-finder or no view-finder.

The manual pop-up, pull-out and push-in and pop-in may be a bit of a hassle, but in general it is a useful feature on the G5X II.

In low light conditions it shows the environment brighter than on the LCD and in combination with the "Touch & drag AF" I kind of like it.

And once you remove your eye from the EVF, you can continue to use the LCD as before, so I do not understand the "finicky switching from EVF back to LCD" remark. When you put your eye in front of it, the display turns off again. But I may have misunderstand the real issue here. Concerning "magnification of the view", I do not see the EVF magnifying in comparison with the LCD view.

ErikJan's gear list:ErikJan's gear list
Nikon Z50 Nikon Z 16-50mm F3.5-6.3 VR Nikon Z 50-250mm F4.5-6.3 VR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow