Any one using RX100 as a second camera

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
DenImage Senior Member • Posts: 3,094
Re: Any one using RX100 as a second camera

Carlo UK wrote:

Hi

I have the A7RII and thinking of getting the RX100 VA as a camera to carry when I don't want/need the full frame. Ie beach, holiday, street photography. Any one else doing this and how does it perform

Ta Carlo

I recently took my RX100vi on my trip to Japan for two months. I took over 3500 photos with it. The image quality is great, but the ergonomics wasn't. I absolutely hated using it, and sold it a few weeks ago.

My copy of the RX100vi also suffered from the "self moving diopter" issue. I sent it into the authorised Sony repairer in Australia repackaged in my pristine original box (in case they sent me a new replacement camera as I requested), only to have it returned in a box that was scuffed and damaged (I won't make that mistake again).

When I complained to the retailer (DigDirect in Cannington Western Australia), they apologised but said they couldn't do anything about it other than give me extra discount on my next purchase. A few weeks later, I called on that "extra discount" when a 24mm GM came into stock. "Sorry, we can't discount that because it's in high demand".

I've since purchased a brand new a7iii and another brand new Zony 55mm, neither of which were purchased from DigiDirect. That's what happens when you screw your customers.

Den

DenImage's gear list:DenImage's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a7 III Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 100mm F2.8 GM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow