Any one using RX100 as a second camera

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
sean lancaster Veteran Member • Posts: 7,404
Re: RX100 VI/VII

zeitlos wrote:

scrane wrote:

zeitlos wrote:

And restricting yourself in terms of focal length (prime) often results in a better picture.

Hmmm.

???

I get what you're saying, but it certainly doesn't apply to everyone. When I was learning photography, I made the most strides in getting better when I started attaching a single prime to my Sony NEX 5N and shot that lens every day. I started to see the world through that lens, which was an awesome feeling. I could see the captures that I was able to get and I learned to ignore the ones that I could not get with that lens (at least easily). That was back in 2011 - 2014 (the real learning years and shooting photos daily for 3 years without fail). But even today, I attach a prime and leave it on for weeks. I take a single prime on trips or I've even rented the RX1RII for a trip to China as my only lens (and camera). But this workflow certainly is not for everyone.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony a7R II Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28mm F2 Rokinon 135mm F2.0 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow