Any one using RX100 as a second camera

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
poipoipoi_2016 Regular Member • Posts: 442
Re: Any one using RX100 as a second camera

Carlo UK wrote:

poipoipoi_2016 wrote:

mikedelderfield wrote:

I'm sure you're right.....I was going to wait till the vii gets released, and see if the earlier models come down in price much....

I fancy the extra reach of the vi but the wider aperture of the va, unfortunately can't have both!

Bluntly, if you're going to shoot at night at all, get the VA. f/1.8 is merely terrible ISO's. f/2.8 is unusable.

The 1-inch sensor shows its failures from the get-go, and dropping off ISO 125 gets terrible fast.

I downloaded some RAWs and imported to LR and simulated some editing. Admittedly they weren't particularly bright images but I am having some concerns about image quality and noise. The dynamic range seemed ok but beginning to think I may not be happy with it. Contemplating getting an A7 body since the price is now the same. Defeats a pocketable camera though. Ill find some more RAWs and make my mind up

Carlo

So for the record, I took mine up Half Dome, which was about the heaviest thing I'd really want to take up Half Dome, if that makes any sense?

Dynamic Range is a problem, base image quality is alright, and then you NOTICE hard when you drop ISO's.

Me screwing up f/10.  I cropped out the bottom third and this is in 4*6 size at work.

30 second moonbow exposure off a Gorillapod

I don't have the awesome flower shot on this laptop, so here's a backup macro shot of a leaf.

poipoipoi_2016's gear list:poipoipoi_2016's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 Samyang AF 35mm F2.8 FE +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow