Can´t see a difference between 12 and 24 MP...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
afwares Regular Member • Posts: 150
Re: Can´t see a difference between 12 and 24 MP...

You're not crazy.   I recently undertook a little project to surprise my wife who was away on a trip.   We'd found some really beautiful and heavily weathered antique wooden frames, actual window frames removed from an old house, and I wanted to mount a photo in one and hang it on the wall behind our bed.   The photo was taken inside Saint-Chapelle chapel in Paris, a daytime shot of the huge stained glass windows.  But it was taken on an X30, indoors, in mediocre lighting and the wooden frame required a big 30x22 print to fill it.   I didn't expect to get a decent print at that size, but at only $9.95 from Costco I figured what-the-heck and let them try it.   I couldn't believe how good it came out - so good I did another 30x22 print of an ornate section of ceiling from the Louvre for another of those large window frames.    Everything I'd read or thought I knew about resolution and print size told me beforehand this wasn't going to work, but they're hanging in our house now.

afwares's gear list:afwares's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Pentax K100D Fujifilm X-T20 Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow