At this point I should have stuck with the M5...

Started Aug 6, 2019 | Discussions thread
dave_bass5
dave_bass5 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,285
Re: At this point I should have stuck with the M5...

Rock and Rollei wrote:

Full frame and L glass is wonderful. But it's not compact and light. M cameras and lenses are capable of very nice results indeed, and certainly are compact and light. I've ended up using them for far more of my personal work than I would have predicted even 2 years ago, because I can still print at a decent size, yet walk around all day in much more comfort.

Totally agree. Although im not a pro i have a 5D4 and some good L lenses, but since getting my M50 when it first came out ive used my 5D4 for less than 100 shots. Im not saying the results are comparable under scrutiny, that woudl be silly, but the lack of weight and size, and the few features that mirrorless brings have impressed me enough to stick with it.

Im also a fan of crop cameras as i like the reach, so all in all, having experienced FF i can certainly see it has its uses but its not a must have for everyone.

dave_bass5's gear list:dave_bass5's gear list
Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS M50 +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow