Any one using RX100 as a second camera

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Reto B
Reto B Senior Member • Posts: 1,060
Re: Any one using RX100 as a second camera

Carlo UK wrote:

I downloaded some RAWs and imported to LR and simulated some editing. Admittedly they weren't particularly bright images but I am having some concerns about image quality and noise. The dynamic range seemed ok but beginning to think I may not be happy with it. Contemplating getting an A7 body since the price is now the same. Defeats a pocketable camera though. Ill find some more RAWs and make my mind up

Carlo

I had a RX10III as complement to my A7RII for 17 months (similar 1" sensor as the RX100 series) but wasn't happy with it at all due to the limitations of the tiny sensor, especially ISO performance and lack of details. Therefore I sold it (with a big loss) because I was tired of sacrificing IQ to more convenience and upgraded the A7RII to the III instead.

If interested you may look at my comparison. Though the RX10III is a different camera the shortcomings are comparable: https://spark.adobe.com/page/HdHSKdIPSwsA9/

Reto B's gear list:Reto B's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony a7S +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow