Peter Lik

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
golfhov Forum Pro • Posts: 10,614
Re: Peter Lik

stevo23 wrote:

roytempest wrote:

I was fortunate enough to travel to Las Vegas on business last week and, while I was there, took a quick look inside one of Peter's very expensive stores. Being a member of the proletariat, obviously I didn't buy any of his work.

I remembered that there is a lot of controversy in the photography community around his work.

I am not knowledgeable enough to know how "original" his work is, but I know there has been some controversy around whether certain images are composite, how much PP is reasonable, and the relative merits of his extraordinary ability to self-promote.

That said his images certainly are striking.

Thoughts?

The complaint is that they're mostly just cliche' and lack originality and I tend to agree.

He has also come up the whole representation issue before. Where he has implied photos are one thing when they clearly aren't. Calling it lying.......

Many of his images are quite stunning in person and certainly some are quite beautiful. I enjoyed walking through his Caesars gallery. Color me jealous actually.

Dude's good. No argument there

And if I had that portfolio and was able to promote myself into that kind of prosperity, I wouldn't pay much attention to my critics.

I am sure he doesn't. The critics don't pay the bills

golfhov's gear list:golfhov's gear list
Panasonic LX10 Sony a7R II Sony a7 III Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AOC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow