Brev00
Brev00 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,679
Re: Single group option

mamallama wrote:

J A C S wrote:

mamallama wrote:

J A C S wrote:

tbcass wrote:

I agree 100%. The distortion produced by even the best speakers combined with room acoustics and the fact that the human ear is far from the most sensitive in the animal kingdom means any minute differences in sound between amplifiers, speaker wire and other components will be overwhelmed and inaudible.

I can hear inaudible things!

Impossible, by definition.

Which implies that...?

It might just be your imagination. Your brain senses more than what come through your ear. But, by definition, you hear audible sound waves (air pressure waves) that are detected through your ear.

When people say they are hearing things, it might be from other than sound waves through the ear.

True. Music is felt in the body as well as heard. Through the ear is only one way we experience music. The brain also associates sounds to prior experience so one may experience any or all of the sensations memories can include.  Songwriters and performers often consciously seek to touch people and inspire feelings like love and sadness. Some may notice subtle influences from both the music and their inner responses more than others.  Audio is never isolated to the sensory reception of wavelength in the human brain. I think there is something exalted and exalting about man's experience of music. If a person wants to hear it. Crazy, huh?

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D610 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tamron SP AF 180mm F/3.5 Di LD (IF) Macro +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow