How to have a successful photography vacation?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SRS_Photography Regular Member • Posts: 350
How to have a successful photography vacation?

From my experiences these are the things that will make my photography vacation is a success.

1. Do not bring with you anybody who are not into photography. They will just prevent you from maximizing your photography time. Don't bring wife, girlfriend, boyfriend who are not into photography. They will make sure to prevent you from taking pictures.

2. Do a lot of research prior to the trip so that you know what kind of pictures that you want to take. This is applicable for those who are not selling their photos. As a real professional, copying typical photos won't bring you money. But for amateurs, it is ok. You want to be able to create photos for yourself or to give away to friends.

3. Be diligent! Wake up early in the morning, I mean really early. For example for a photo of St. Charles Bridge in Prague, one needs to wake up 4:30 in the morning, especially on the first day when we do not know the exact spot. After 5 am, the sky is becoming too bright, no more drama.

4. Have fun during the day, when we cannot take picture due to the lighting.

5. Get early Dinner before the evening photo session.

6. Talk to other photographers, it is fun to share ideas and make friends.

7. Make sure you know how to operate your camera very well so that you are not going to fight with your gears.

8. Learn how to post process your photos.

9. Try so many different setting when taking pictures, and move around. Do not be satisftied with one spot, a few feet can make a big difference.

10. Don't bring too many lenses, it is tiring. I bring only 3 max from 14 - 200 mm.

SRS_Photography's gear list:SRS_Photography's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow