Any one using RX100 as a second camera

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
MikePrime New Member • Posts: 21
Re: Any one using RX100 as a second camera

I used the rx100v for about a good year and a half before selling it for a tamron 28-75.

I loved that little camera, it came with me everywhere. While it certainly is better than a smartphone, it almost served the exact same purpose. I used it for times where i didnt want to bring my full frame with me. With that being said, even though i got some amazing shots with it, even printed a couple, i just couldnt push the prints to the size i wanted. Not being able to do that made me realize if small prints and/or just viewing online would be the main result of using the rx100v, then a cellphone would suffice in those scenarios as well.

Your case may be different as if you get the 200mm variant of the rx100 then just for reach alone i could see how it would be worth it over just a smartphone(i had a rx10iii so reach wasn't really a concern)

Be sure to also look into the grip attachment and magfilter

MikePrime's gear list:MikePrime's gear list
Sony RX10 III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony a7R II Sony a7 III +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow