Brev00
Brev00 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,679
Re: Photographers vs. Audiophiles (Part 2): Audio Woo
  1. tbcass wrote:

J A C S wrote:

tbcass wrote:

J A C S wrote:

tko wrote:

Yes, what one person subjectively sees and hears is pseudo-science. That's a fundamental principle.

What a nonsense. The first thing you learn as a scientist is that the reality beats your theories, does not matter how smart they may sound, every single time.

Now I know you're not a scientist and know little to nothing about science.

You do not even know what you do not know.

Reality is purely objective. A theory has to be tested through rigid, peer reviewed purely objective testing.

You have no clue as the other poster. What I am saying goes over your head. What theory? I am saying that I hear differences. This is not a theory. Whatever, this is too subtle for you.

You mentioned that reality beats theories. There are mountains of studies that back up the power of the placebo effect. Unless you can back up what you are saying with tests that prove your subjective opinion the difference you hear is in no way factual to anybody but you. That my friend is something that goes right over your head.

You are now entering the realm of philosophy an area in which you are not likely prepared to engage. There is also the case of biology as biologists have determined that the two hemispheres of the brain have different functions. The left brain involves scientific analysis while the right brain involves appreciation of music. It appears that you approach perception from a scientific viewpoint. There must be external agreement to verify existence. While a right brained person finds that truth is found in direct experience. Keats said truth is beauty and beauty truth. You say truth is something proved by empirical study. Yet, science does not posit that science finds truth. It may discover laws. So you are arguing about the same thing but speaking entirely different languages.

-- hide signature --

Tom

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D610 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tamron SP AF 180mm F/3.5 Di LD (IF) Macro +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow