**Photo Challenge CIC 194 -- Summer **

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Jim B (MSP) Veteran Member • Posts: 9,800
Re: **Photo Challenge CIC 194 -- Summer **

ohaya wrote:

Then moved to Fuji X, mostly because I love the colors) and while I was doing that, I got a couple of Canon zoom lenses and used them with Fuji X-T2 via a Fringer adapter. We have been spending part of the year "trying" to shoot mostly surfing (with Fuji).

Then, most recently I was curious how those Canon lenses do natively on Canon cameras, so I just got a refurb 80D a couple of weeks ago, and I think that this year, we will be carrying both my Fuji (now an X-T2 and an X-T30) equipment and the 80D and Canon lenses, plus a Canon-mount Tamron 150-600mm G2 and see how they compare (I have been DYING waiting for the chance to try them!).

Now this sounds like a great and fun project.

I have an 80D and love it for its versatility. I have a few real nice Canon lenses, and a couple of Tamrons. I have the latest Tamron 16-300 which is my "walk about" lens. I find it pretty decent, but not as sharp as the best Canons I have. But I still use it a lot - size and range are too much to give up. And most of my shots are "so so " anyway, so a better lens would not make a lot of difference.

Keep us informed of the results of these comparisons.

-- hide signature --

Jim
"It's all about the light"

Jim B (MSP)'s gear list:Jim B (MSP)'s gear list
Canon EOS 80D
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow