Photographers vs. Audiophiles (Part 2): Audio Woo

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 43,207
Re: Photographers vs. Audiophiles (Part 2): Audio Woo

tko wrote:

As a scientist, my advice is to be skeptical to everybody who claims that what you hear and feel is pseudo-science and he can explain to you why is that so. As a former audiophile I can tell you that I have heard difference between cables, confirmed by my wife whose sole purpose in life at that time was to make me spend less. There are other claims in that link which contradict my experience.

You should know better. Would any scientist in the world accept the subjective word of another scientist when, say, doing drug testing? Nope, that's why they invented blind and double blind testing and peer reviews and statistics.

It makes me doubt that J A C S is really a scientist. Of course being a scientist or engineer doesn't make anyone immune to conformational bias and being emotionally invested to the extent that they come to wrong conclusions. I'm not a scientist but I do have a science and engineering background. I learned long ago that it's best to eliminate all subjectivity when trying to come to an objective conclusion. It takes a conscious effort to do that.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow