Which camera is dropped in water by Spiderman character?

Started Jul 22, 2019 | Questions thread
HatWearingFool
HatWearingFool Senior Member • Posts: 2,512
Re: Ridicule (Middle Age men) for shooting with dedicated Camera

007peter wrote:

I ♥ spiderman, but that scene bother me. It is yet another

• Ridicules Middle Age men for shooting with a dedicated camera
  • that scene add (nothing to the plot) of the movie
  • that scene was completely unnecessary to Peter Parker & the Spiderman
  • why was that specific scene added? Other than making fun of middle age men?

Every seconds counts in filming & screen writing, thus any plot or scene that slow-down-the-movie is usually removed/cut in the editing. I thought that scene was completely unnecessary:

• That male teacher was already portraits as a LOSER in the 1st movie
  • and having No Friends to take a photo of him, further established his LOSER identity
  • then having him drop an expensive Leica was simply adding SALT to the wounds

Wouldn't it be more efficient to write him off completely? Why adding him as a comic relief other than making fun of middle age camera shooter? Anyhoot, I hope you all saw the movie to understand what I am talking about.

It made me laugh. And moments like that make the world feel more real and therefore like there is actually something a stake. If the movie only focused on the good guys it wouldn’t feel as fleshed out to me.

-- hide signature --
 HatWearingFool's gear list:HatWearingFool's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM1 Fujifilm X-T20 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow