Focus bracketing/stacking is fun! Panasonic G80

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Happy Daze Regular Member • Posts: 317
Focus bracketing/stacking is fun! Panasonic G80

Had a good play with the focus bracketing on the G80. Took this shot in the garden tonight when the sun had gone away and the light was fairly even. It took a fair amount of patience waiting for the required stillness as the stem of the Lily was very thin and there was a breeze with very little break.

When the opportunity presented itself I fired off a 12 shot focus bracket at a step of +1 using 0/-/+, with the main focus point at the bottom of the stems for the stamen. I chose to stack only 3 shots from the 12 as it felt about right from a perspective of keeping it looking natural.

The lens was the Panasonic 12-60 kit lens at an aperture of f6.3 and a focal length of 20mm. ISO was 200 and exposure was 1/4 sec, hence the need for stillness!

I used the black side of a 5-in-1 reflector as the background and enhanced the black later in post.

Hope you like it, cheers.

Panasonic G85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow