Peter Lik

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 22,421
Re: ((chuckle))...

Teila Day wrote:

MyReality wrote:

There is a lot of money in cliché's and risqué art.

Yes, infect one could reasonably say, unless you're a great dead artist, "cliche's and risqué" art is where the money is generally speaking.

Thomas Kinkade is worth a small fortune. Robert Mapplethorpe left quite an estate. Currently, there are a few stock photographers making very good money with old 3 to 5 mpx cameras for a retro color look. I recently read about one in DigitalPro Magazine.

It is easy to underestimate and put down other photographers when it is not your style.

Agreed wholeheartedly which was my point about photography when it comes to money... much of the time shooting what people want to see, find attractive, or unusually compelling, can often yield a considerably greater income (for far less work) than the typical art -school inspired standard affair.

Best in photography to you!

In the end, will the starving "pure artist" wish he/she had given in a bit to the commercial side of things, or will the commercial "cliche" artist feel like he/she has not contributed much meaning to humanity? At a certain point, you just get old and want to be comfortable and happy. Or so I hear.

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AOC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow